Hot Stone Massage
What is It?
Hot stone massage is a type of massage therapy that involves the use of smooth, heated stones. The massage therapist places the hot stones on specific points on your body and may also hold the stones while giving the massage. The localized heat and weight of the stones warm and relax muscles, allowing the massage therapist to apply deeper pressure to those areas without causing discomfort.
There is a lack of research on the benefits of hot stone massage. Although some preliminary studies have suggested that massage, in general, may provide benefits to people with conditions including prenatal depression, pain syndromes such as arthritis or fibromyalgia, hypertension, autoimmune conditions and aging-related conditions including Parkinson’s and dementia.
- Melt away stubborn knots and tension
- Alleviate back and shoulder pain
- Increase joint and muscle flexibility
- Improve sports performance and endurance
- Decrease pain and healing time for injuries
- Increase energy and vitality
- Soothe away stress
- Improve overall health and well-being
- Renew your body and calm your mind