What is It?
A chair massage focuses on the areas of your back, shoulders, neck, arms, and hands with the most tension. You are massaged over your clothes without any use of massage oil. When getting a chair massage, you sit in a special chair that has a downward angled cradle for your face to rest on, and supports for resting your arms.
The massage therapist relieves the tension in the muscles with kneading and acupressure, without using oils. This treatment is as effective as some of the other massage techniques. Contrary to what some think, chair massage is not simply a shoulder rub: therapists use massage techniques borrowed from other modalities they were trained in.
- Melt away stubborn knots and tension
- Alleviate back and shoulder pain
- Increase joint and muscle flexibility
- Improve sports performance and endurance
- Decrease pain and healing time for injuries
- Increase energy and vitality
- Soothe away stress
- Improve overall health and well-being
- Renew your body and calm your mind